About Sobis, Inc.
Our mission is to make a tangible and positive impact in communities around the world.
Our vision is to be the provider of choice in supporting communities of need by reducing their risk and building resilience.
Our SMART Guideline Principles and Corporate Values
- Social and Environmental Responsibility: We understand that other than the financial bottom line, a corporation needs to be socially and environmentally responsible as well.
- Maintaining Workforce Excellence: We want all Sobis employees to be the best in their field and if all employees receive outstanding reviews, they should all get compensated for it.
- Advancing Diversity at the workplace: Sobis believes that a diverse workplace will produce better solutions for our clients.
- Resilience: We need to practice the same resilient practices we recommend to our clients.
- Team: Sobis understands that a cohesive team is required to complete projects on time and on budget.
At Sobis, we believe in working with our clients to help them accomplish their organization’s objectives while building a stronger, safer community.
Sonya Ford – Founder, President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Sonya provides the leadership and strategic direction for key corporate initiatives. She is a high-impact, high-performing visionary leader with over 25 years of experience and a keen understanding of effective business practices. Skilled at developing and executing targeted business objectives that strengthen relations while maintaining desired results/profits. Effective communicator with proven abilities to build long-term relationships by establishing a high level of integrity, confidence, and trust. As a quality driven executive, she ensures every client’s mission critical requirement is met along with the added benefits of performance efficiency, reliability, and accuracy. Her passion is assisting people and clients to work more effectively and efficiently. A Certified Professional Contract Manager (CPCM) and Subject Matter Expert (SME) in strategic pricing and Government contract law, her training and experience in serving commercial and federal enterprises enable her to bring valuable perspective and deliver tailored solutions. Before founding Sobis, she was a Vice President at Kingfisher Systems, Inc. in which she managed the Contracts and Pricing Departments. Ms. Ford has a Bachelor of Business Administration and Master of Business Administration.
Bill Bohn – Founder and Chief Operating Officer (COO)
As the Chief Operating Officer for Sobis, Bill provides technical oversight for the company’s day to day operations. He has more than twenty years of experience with risk assessment, hazard mitigation and resilience planning, geographic information systems, disaster risk management, computer modeling, climate change adaption, and training and capacity building. Bill believes in partnering with his clients to create a quality product that will help to make communities safer. Bill has supported numerous federal, State, regional, local, tribal, non-profit, private sector, and international clients and has a long history of conducting risk assessments across the U.S. and in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East.
Before helping found Sobis, Bill was a project manager at Tetra Tech, Inc for sixteen years. He supported the development of the Community Resilience Course for the National Disaster Preparedness Training Center, the Coastal Climate Change Adaptation Course for NOAA’s Coastal Services Center, and was an author of the World Bank’s Community Reconstruction Handbook. He also helped develop and facilitate a one-day Flood Resilience Workshop for EPA’s Smart Growth Program. He currently supports FEMA headquarters with testing, developing training materials and technical manuals, and teaching their risk assessment software, Hazus. Bill has a Bachelor of Aerospace and Ocean Engineering and Master of Geographic and Cartographic Science. He is currently on the Board of Directors for Resilient Virginia.
CATS+ Master Contractor – The Consulting and Technical Services+ (CATS+) Master Contract, issued by the Department of Information Technology (DoIT) for the State of Maryland, allows for the procurement of information technology (IT) consulting and technical services.
Small Business Certifications
- SBA Certified 8 (a) – Exit Date: February 15, 2030
- SBA Certified Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB) – Entrance Date June 23, 2021
- Small, Woman, and Minority-Owned (SWaM) Expiration Date: August 20, 2026
- Minority Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (M/DBE) – (recertification pending)
- Pennsylvania Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) – Expiration Date: August 19, 2023